Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sunday at home

Noontime-
Seb playing Russian airborne video on his computer (repeatedly). I have eaten a big breakfast, still recovering from 3 days of fair eating, which means mostly little snacks since I can't take the fair food. 
You wouldn't believe what gets fried at fairs. The new things I saw this year:
fried coke (it's stirred into a batter so I guess you get a coke flavored pancake)
fried mac and cheese
and the prize winner, fried oreos. They are dipped in batter and fried. Eeww.

Hannah is coming over this afternoon with the giant aquarium and 3 turtles that Della talked her into picking up in Herndon. Where is this going? Della's room? Hmm.

Talked to Rebecca yesterday and exchanged book recommendations. She and Josh are working on the paperwork for buying a house down there. She says prices have dipped. Maybe she'll find Dad and me a cute little Florida farm to retire to?

At the fair, I bought several orchids. Hannah gave me one a while back and I realized it was actually rather interesting. Especially now that I've seen more varieties. ALSO I was told how orchids need a special type of pot and maybe I can make a few of those! I have to do some research on that.

Second interesting find was hand made glass pendants. I plan to make them into the center point of beaded necklaces for you girls for Christmas.  What I'd like to know from you is what length you would like. Either measure a necklace you like or take a string with a weight (to simulate a pendant). For instance, I like 18.5 inches since I'm shortwaisted and otherwise beautiful jewelry falls into my cleavage and is never seen again :) One of the best features of this beading business (which I am not into as much as Granma and the aunties yet!) is that you can pick your length.

All for now, I go to pick up the wreckage left by Dad and Seb the last 3 days.

1 comment:

The Phillips Place said...

Ew deep fried oreos! I've heard of those-- bested only by deep fried snickers bars!!! Whatever happened to good ol' pork rinds? :)

Ah, "man wreckage" Isn't it grand? I'm cringing at the thought of my weekend in VA over Columbus Day. I know the girls will be well taken care of, I'm just not sure what the state of the house will be when I return :).

Necklace length? Well, I'm with you on the shorter length, although I don't have the problem of things disappearing into my cleavage (what is that?) as I have never been so blessed. Although everyone WITH cleavage tells me it's not all it's cracked up to be. Haha cracked up... Ahem returning to the subject at hand...the necklace I wear all the time is 17.5" and that seems to be a good length for me, although sometimes it falls inside some of my shirts. So maybe the 18.5" would work best for me as well.

Way to blog Mom!! Let me know if you need any help with it!