Sunday, February 22, 2009

Down in Florida, letting my nails dry and preparing for church...we're going to Christ Community Pres, PCA. Rebecca's off to te gym, Josh is snoozing.
Yesterday R and I went furniture shopping since they've been living in a mostly empty house. She found a black leather dining room set (since she has no kids, cats, or dogs, it may survive). It has a square table and 2 chairs and a curved bench. VERY nice. Also found a couch, which is leather and brown suede (microfiber). We checked the Sal. Army-nothing even for end tables or lamps. We were going to try to fill in with thrift store items but in the limited time I have here, we may not be able to find much. I don't know where the good stores are. Beck needs Laura down here for decorating help!
We had a great drive down, and I checked every ditch we went by for beady little eyes. Good thing I didn't bring Sparky the Australian terrier. I would have been terrified of him getting near the water. This place could turn me into a phobic. I don't mind reptiles except when they are capable of leaping out of the water and eating small dogs and children!
Beading: the only Clearwater bead shop seems to have closed down due to the economy. Sad.
Off to church, Mom

1 comment:

Hannah VanderHart said...

boo. bead shops closing. I think craft-store stock is on the rise, actually. ALl those consumers mistakenly assuming it's cheaper to make gifts. Boy have we proved them wrong, eh, mom?

I'm not sorry I missed the furniture shopping! ;) Not that I don't love stuff---I do! But gosh I hate spending money, makes me feel sick. I hope you guys at least got free cokes?

Mom! I've been writing homey poems! check out my blog. please?

hope you guys get some warm weather, and that beach picnic! it is suppose to get into the 60's here on thursday and friday. pray it actually happens. this poet is freezing her fingers off. brr!

Miss you guys!