Thursday, March 18, 2010

Goodbye, Old Paint


For the last 30 years or so I've been driving big vehicles. My first family car, bought when we had 3 or 4 children, was a Suburban. No AC, no power windows...we moved on to a 15 passenger van for the years that all 7 children were at home. Then when we came back from Hawaii, I got this 4 wheel drive Suburban. This car and I survived hydroplaning off into a field of water in Morrisville. Ran over a deer a couple months ago and didn't flinch. If I had still needed the bigger vehicle I would have fixed it, but we decided to downsize. So we found a dealer who gave us $2500 in trade (quite reasonable; the other dealer had only offered $1000) and we now have a 2007 Equinox. But I felt the old Suburban deserved a goodbye!

1 comment:

Hannah VanderHart said...

"Ran over a deer and didn't flinch."

Let me 'plain.

No, it's too much, let me summup.

Come to think of it, why don't *you* tell me what's wrong with the above sentence. ;)