Sunday, October 12, 2008

Back home again

It's Sunday night. The past few days I have been in Newport News seeing Laura, and Annapolis seeing Grandma, and Fairfax seeing Hannah, and I'm REALLY done with driving for the next two days!
Today Dad and I went to Lowes and bought a new fridge. The circa 1987 fridge in the kitchen is starting to have troubles, so I've had a stainless steel one picked out for several months. This weekend they had a tax holiday for energy start appliances, and Lowes had 10% off and I had an $89 rebate card from when we bought the freezer. So we did shave some off the price.
We also looked at flooring. The carpet really needs to be replaced in the living room/office area. I just can't figure out what to put in that wouldn't clash with the hallway (one kind of wood) or the fireplace room (another kind of wood).
Talked to Ansil, Hannah, of course Laura this weekend. Didn't hear anything from Rebecca. (If you are reading this, honey, hope things were ok for you this weekend-call me!)
Della and Esther and Dad were at a goat show this weekend. Seb went with me down to see Laura and her friend Rachel. They are looking for houses close together since both their husbands are going to be stationed out of Langley AFB for the last year of PA training. It's a nice place down there (but you certainly have to pick your neighborhood).
Grandma and I did some more beading. I made a necklace of Czechoslavakian glass that she had found to match a blouse I'd bought. Grandma's into making blouse and necklace sets. It's really nice to fit the length of the necklace, as well as the colors, to a particular top.
All for now, darlings.

1 comment:

The Phillips Place said...

Thanks for coming down, Mom! I know it was one more thing on top of an already long week, but it was good to spend some time with you and the Sebber. Thanks for the necklace too-- I wore it on Monday and got several compliments! :)