Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Thursday Routine

On Thursdays I get up at 5:30, wake up Della, and then we prepare for a long day: I drop her off at the State Lab about 7:15 (after she stops by 7-11 for her essential coffee), and then I begin the trek up 66 to Fairfax. Today the trip to the pottery class took the whole 2 hours I have allotted. I just couldn't do this 5 days a week, even 3 days a week. I'd find another job, or move closer.
Pottery class is rather intensive. If you aren't feeling great, you probably won't do well at your work. Not only do you have to feel creative, you have to be up for the physical work and the hustle of sharing facilities with all the other people. It wasn't a good day for me today! Hannah has been taking the same class but she's stopping after this session, and I'm considering taking a break for the winter session. January through March pretty well covers the bad-weather days around here, and maybe I could get some other creative things done at home.
My schedule this school year has been working well:
Monday and Tuesday no on-going committments; we try to stay home and get lots of school done.
Wednesday the girls have writing class, and then we do all the Warrenton/Bealeton errands. Yesterday we also added in a couple thrift shops, since I had a dinner all made up, but that made the day a little TOO long.
Thursday Della and I are gone all day; Esther stays home, looks after all the animals, and has every-other-week piano lessons. She loves having some time to herself for reading and Facebook, but sometimes she gets a little lonely I think.
Friday we either stay home and do more school, do something social, or run bigger errands. Tomorrow we have to look for coats for the girls. They both had the bad taste to outgrow their good coats, and the thrift store coats aren't fashionable enough. Odd, we can find other types of clothes we like at the thrifts.
Ansil's having a hard time at college, 90% of it being Organic Chem.
Rebecca and Josh are buying a house!
Laura, poor dear, has been having big dental work done.
Seb, Della, and Esther are going to a dance this Saturday.
All for now!

No comments: