Tuesday, February 9, 2010

This is a necklace I made last month, that I was very pleased with. Granma gave me the pendant and the long green stones were some I bought when I had just started beading. I bought all shapes of green stones for $2 a strand, but then I wondered if I would ever use them...well, having a good bead stash shows results. The metal spacers were Granma's leftovers too.
Total cost of this necklace (and earrings to match) was $17, and I hope to sell it for double that. I'd like to fund future purchases with an occasional sale. I looked through a upscale art and jewelry store in Fairfax back in December and their necklaces started at $65 and went up from there, and most of them were well within my expertise.
If I end up consigning my necklaces, that adds to the cost, so I'd rather sell them directly. But you know how much of a businessperson I am!

No comments: