Friday, February 19, 2010

Friday morning

The snow has receded enough that I can turn around in the driveway, instead of going to the next neighbors turn-around and backing up my drive. It's so exciting. Then I backed up a friends iced-over drive, narrowly missing a tree or two. This is not a typical Virginia winter-but in general the driving is becoming routine instead of thrilling, and I am back to the usual routine:driving Della to community college classes, Esther to youth group, Classical Conversations and ortho appointments, and the dozen weekly local errands.
This morning, between trips, I am catching up on paperwork. Have a turkey tortilla casserole all made up in the fridge (very freeing to have dinner done), and so Della and I are going to visit a couple thrift stores on the way to pick up Esther.
No new jewelry to report. I am playing around with coral beads right now. Bright colors are calling to me-all I see outside are brown trees and fences,surrounded by white and grey snow. I did buy The History of Beads (Lois Sherr Dubin)which was $100 in B&N, but I got this copy off Ebay for $27 shipping included. Which shows how bored I was while snowed in-normally I don't have the patience for auctions.
Off to Culpeper!

1 comment:

Hannah VanderHart said...

you forgot to mention your lovely conversation with your third daughter. lol.

by the way, if I really and truly were Japanese, I should definitely be called Third Daughter.

How formal. How lovely. love. it.

enough frivolity, though. have fun with those coral beads! :)