Sunday, February 7, 2010

Snowed In, AGAIN

As a Virginian, I would wave a white flag. Except it wouldn't show up against all the snow, anyway.
What a winter. Extra wood had to be bought after the cold came early, and now we are having to pay for a second plowing of our mutual drive. Three of the four houses on our road will split the cost this time.
Meanwhile, I made a resolution to try and create something every day this year. I did pretty well through January then got stuck on a labradorite necklace on Jan 21. But 2 days ago I conquered it and completed the set (earrings and necklace). Labradorite is a grey stone will inner blues and greens, subtle, and I had to find other elements that didn't overwhelm it. I used 3 sterling silver beads that are my particular favorites. Della says she'll help me put a picture on later.
Then the last two days I've been working on some Valentines Day jewelry for gifts. Tomorrow (last snow day I hope!) I'll tackle some other project that's been in my 'works in progress' drawer.

No comments: