Saturday, March 10, 2012

Virtuous Cooking Day

This is the homegrown canned chicken, ground with Granma Elder's meat grinder. I added frozen hot peppers and onions, which made beautiful flecks in the mix. Also added garlic powder.
These are the  peppers and onions (frozen from the garden last summer).
The homemade enchilada sauce, made with green tomato sauce from a year when the frost came early, the chicken broth from the canned chicken, chili powder, garlic powder, and salt.
This is the first pan of enchiladas, for lunch today. The cheese is a mix of goat cheese that Della and I made last summer, and cheddar from the store.
Here's the second pan of enchiladas-I actually am freezing an extra meal!
And here are 10 chicken patties for lunches.
And to think that Cindy and I stayed home to cook instead of going to a chicken show.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jill said...

Food looks lovley, nice when you know you are using things you've grown / made yourself.

Hugs Jill x

Cindy Lou Willson said...

I need your chicken patty recipe! I just informed the family last week that I had bought my LAST chicken patty. This will make us all happy if I can just make my own. Recipe, please?

And, yes, we could have gone to a chicken show, but don't you feel great you accomplished so much today? And won't it be nice to be able to pull out that great pan of Enchiladas on a busy day! Yay for you!