Friday, July 9, 2010

Amethyst Necklace














I have forgotten to ask Dell to photograph the last couple creations..and now they are given away. But this time I remembered before sending this one off as a gift. I found that with such large stones, I had to use .018 wire, and that gave me trouble when I tried to double it back through the small stones. So in the end, I had a gap. Normally I'd cover that with a crimp cover but I'm out and the weekend is ahead, and we have a "low country boil" planned with the family. So, in the spirit of Amish tradition, I offer this imperfect creation.










Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

marionlibrarian said...

Oh wow, that is gorgeous! Gee whiz I wish I could just toss the myriad of other house chores aside and bead in earnest. ...Perhaps I'll have Ansil cook dinner tonight. ;)

Lee said...

wow, a comment!! Actually I have been creating as a much needed outlet. I realized that concentrating on a necklace for an hour or two has been great therapy. You know, it's a world where the biggest problem is, "does this bead go with that bead?". I can take that kind of stress!
I've made a mom and daughter set (already given away) and a set I might put in the fair, all out of light amethyst and charoite, too. I'll get Dell to photograph that one soon.

Elfling said...

And I love this necklace <3 It is one of my favorite show-stopper pieces of jewelry.