Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Fauquier Fair

Three days into the fair, one to go. The girls have won their usual assortment of ribbons, the heat and humidity have been the same as usual too. I have had fun running around with Dell's camera (only for a brief time!). It's so fast that you really feel like a photographer. I'll be interested to see if she likes any of the photos. I spent all day Thursday and Friday at the fairgrounds, leaving at 7 am and returning home at 10 pm ish, and today I just couldn't do a whole day. So Larry spent his day there and I came home at 2. I spent a couple hours helping shuck corn for the blue ribbon dinner, so I ended up with all th bits and pieces of corn that no one wanted. Esther and I blanched and froze up a lot of packages for the next low country boil.
(I don't have pictures up yet, since they are on Dells camera, but I really liked the Low Country Boil that Laura introduced us to. It's a Georgia/South Carolina tradition, kind of a shrimp boil with extras. Very easy, good for big groups, and a lot more affordable than serving straight crab or shrimp at today's prices.)
Besides doing the corn, I baked muffins, did a load of wash, ran the dishwasher, did all the animal chores, took a bath, and caught up on emails. Nice to catch up before the last day of the fair.

No comments: