Thursday, July 1, 2010

Touring Around

Today Della and I went to a daylily farm. She took scads of pictures, which she's going to post I'm sure, and I bought 2 plants. I have never seriously thought about daylilys, but after walking up and down among hundreds of plants of many types, I am thinking about a perennial bed with lilys as the focals.
On the way home we didn't take I-95. Instead we went up Hwy. 1 and happened across Stonewall Jackson's Shrine. It's a nice little place with the actual bed that he died in, very well kept up.
We ended up by stopping at a Goodwill in Massaponax and then getting a coke and ice cream at the Sonic acrss the street. I was a little worried about the traffic on the way back, since the 4th of July weekend traffic has already started building, but we had a quick drive home. Just in time for chores and dinner!

No comments: